Meet Dr. Scott Herre
Scott B. Herre, DDS
“I am excited to come to work every day to provide care for what I consider to be the most magnificent of all creations – the human body, and I am passionate about the fact that I get to do all of this on people I genuinely care for.”
My commitment to practicing dentistry transcends a career choice or a means of earning an income. It is deeply rooted in family tradition and a desire to help people in the best way I can.
I first became interested in dentistry as a little boy, watching my father. I admired the love he had for dentistry. He was able to form long-term, caring relationships with his patients and make a positive impact on their overall health. Dentistry allowed him to care for people and, at the same time, use his hands in an artistic way. I, too, had a love of art and of using my hands in very detailed ways. Dentistry seemed the perfect fit.
Over the course of my 25+ years in the field, I have developed a deep sense of compassion for those I treat. I perform my work with the golden rule always as my guide; treating others as I would like to be treated. Likewise, I have learned so much from the personal stories of the many people I have encountered, and feel blessed to have formed relationships that go beyond dentistry.
Surrounding myself with dental professionals who share my approach is one of my top priorities. Each of my staff members brings something unique to the practice, and each is an invaluable asset to the team. Together, we are able to achieve our primary goal – to provide a thorough, comfortable and pleasant experience for our patients.
Education and continuing education
Bachelor of Science in cellular biology – University of Kansas
Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Missouri, Kansas City School of Dentistry
I actively participate in continuing education, with a focus on prevention and restorative dentistry. My participation includes:
- Active member of the 5th District Dental Society Study Club of Johnson County
- Member of the Dental Abstract Study Club, a group of local dentists that meets regularly to discuss and learn about the latest trends and developments in dentistry
- Studied at the Schuster Center for Professional Development
- Received advanced training through the Academy of Bioesthetic Dentistry
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Kansas Dental Association (KDA)
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon (OKU) honorary dental society
- International College of Dentists, fellow, 2000
- Dental Abstract Study Club
- 5th District Dental Society of Johnson County, KS, past president
Outside the office
I am a native of the Kansas City area. I now live in Leawood, KS, where I have resided for 15 years. My wife Jennifer and I have a daughter Kristen. In my free time, I enjoy landscaping, running, bicycling, history, and all things Jayhawk.
In the Community
Dentistry has been wonderful to me. I believe we all have an obligation to give back to those less fortunate. Dental care is the special way I can do this. My charitable work includes:
- Kansas Donated Dental Services (ten years)
- Actively providing dental care at an adults-with-challenges home in Olathe, KS
- Plans are currently underway to use our office to provide services to patients with little or no access to quality dental care.
I am passionate about making a difference in the lives of those around me. Outside my practice, I enjoy being actively involved in my church; teaching Sunday School and participating in Bible studies. I also enjoy coaching youth sports.